If you are suffering from a mental health issue, or if you think you would benefit from individualized advice, we recommend that you seek professional counseling services. Below is a list of general resources that you may find useful.
- American Psychiatric Association Answer Center
Call Toll-Free:1-888-35-PSYCH or 1-888-357-7924; from outside the U.S. and Canada call 1-703-907-7300
Live operators are available to refer you to local APA board certified psychiatrists.
- American Psychological Association
Public Education Line
Live operators available 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, to help and/or refer you to local APA board certified psychologists.
- Crisis Text Line
Text HELLO to 741741 from anywhere in the USA, anytime, about any type of crisis. In the San Francisco Bay Area, text BAY to 741741. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds quickly.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
Counselors are available 24 hours a day for referrals.
Live counselors will refer you to various mental health professionals near you from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Mental Health Resources
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
Bipolar Disorder, Depression, and Mood Disorders
- The Balanced Mind Foundation
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance/Family Response Team
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Renfrew Center for Eating Disorders
1-800-RENFREW or 1-800-736-3739
- Brain and Behavior Research Foundation (formerly The National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression)
- Campus Calm
- American Association of Suicidology
- America Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Kristin Brooks Hope Center
- The Jed Foundation
- National Organization for People of Color Against Suicide
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Addiction Center
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
(240) 221-4007 en Español
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration