Parent Survey Sample Questions
Below you’ll find a selection of sample questions from a few of the thematic sections comprising the Challenge Success Parent Survey.
- How often does your child worry about taking tests?
- How much does your child worry about getting into college?
- How often does the amount of schoolwork your child has keep her/him from getting enough sleep?
- How often does schoolwork or studying keep your child from having time for family, friends, or other activities?
- On a typical weekday, approximately how much school-assigned homework does your child do after school?
- When your child is doing homework, what else is your child doing?
- During a typical week, how often are you involved with your child’s homework?
- How much sleep does your child typically get on a weeknight? On weekends?
- Where does your child typically keep her/his phone when s/he goes to bed at night?
- Does your child typically use her/his phone as an alarm clock on school days to wake up?
- What family norms or rules do you have about technology?
- To what extent are you aware of what your child does on social media?
- In your family, how often does technology interfere with family dinner or mealtime?
Family Rules and Norms
- How often do you excuse your child from doing chores because of homework/studying?
- From Monday through Friday, how often does your family eat a meal together?
- Do you or your partner/spouse enforce rules with your child about maintaining a high GPA?
- How often do you spend time together as a family?