Pulse on Connections Student Survey
We know that meaningful relationships are the foundation for student well-being and engagement with learning – no matter where the learning is happening. Pulse on Connections is a 10-15 minute online survey for middle and high school students to get a pulse on how connected students feel to one another and to the adults in their school community during this unique time.
Explore sample questions here. We have adapted questions and scales used in the Challenge Success-Stanford Surveys of School Experiences. We can provide the full set of questions upon request.
For pricing and more information, please fill out this form.
- Link to student survey.
- Script to share with staff who will administer the survey to students.
- Communication template for parents that offers parents the opportunity to opt their students out of the survey. Families should be notified at least 1 week before the survey is administered.
- Online dashboard of results that can be filtered by question and grade-level. Results will be received in real time after students have completed your survey. We will provide one log-in per school to access the dashboard for three weeks.
- Access to office hours with the Challenge Success Research Team on Thursdays and 12 pm PT/ 3pm ET. You can use this time to ask questions about administering the survey or your results.
- Best practices and practical ideas for creating connections during remote learning.
Teacher Care and Support
- In your remote learning environment, how often do you meet live (in real-time) with teacher(s) and classmates all together?
- Right now, if you needed help with a personal problem, is there at least one adult at your school who you feel you could contact?
- Right now, how many of your teachers:
- Are responsive to your questions?
- Give you timely feedback on your schoolwork?
- Are available to meet with you live (in real time)?
Belonging at School
- Right now, if you needed help with a personal problem, is there at least one other student at your school who you feel you could contact?
- Right now, to what extent are the following statements true for you?
- I feel like I can rely on other students in this school
- I feel like I can ask for help from other students in this school
- I feel like a real part of this school